Skip to content
Curtin University
Future Students

Entrance requirements

If you don't qualify

Don't worry, there are many other ways to gain entry to Curtin. See our flexible entry pathways.

As a non school leaver, to be eligible to study a bachelor degree at Curtin, you normally need to have graduated from high school with the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE), or an equivalent qualification, and gained an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) that satisfies Curtin's entry requirements.

Your year 12 exam result remains valid indefinitely. Scores dating back to 1992 (including the TEA out of 400 and the TES out of 510) can be converted to the current ranking, the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), with the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre ATAR calculator.

Other pathways include:

Overseas and interstate applicants

Overseas and interstate applicants need to have completed secondary education that is deemed equivalent to the admission standards outlined above. Please contact the University Admission Centre on +61 8 9266 7805 or email if you would like your interstate or overseas qualifications to be assessed prior to submitting your application to Curtin or TISC.

English language requirement

Regardless of what you choose to study, Curtin requires you to demonstrate competency in English. You will normally need one of the following:

Please note this will only fulfill Curtin University minimum entrance requirements, for courses that require a minimum ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) of 70 and without any pre-requisite subjects. Please refer to our course finder for specific course entry requirements.