How to apply
Applying for a postgraduate by coursework degree at Curtin is easy, just follow the steps below.
Step 1: Choose a course
Use our Course Finder tool to find the course you’d like to study.
Step 2: Check application deadlines
Check to see that applications are still open for your chosen course.
Step 3: Check the admission criteria
You will need to make sure you satisfy the admission criteria for your course before applying.
Step 4: Ensure you have correctly scanned your supporting documentation
You may need to submit supporting documentation with your application. If you do, make sure it meets the scanned documents requirements and guidelines.
Step 5: Apply
Click the ‘Apply – find out how’ button on your chosen course page and follow the steps to lodge your online application.
Applying for a postgraduate research degree
Higher degrees by research are for students who have already completed at least a bachelor degree with first or second class honours. The application process for research degrees differs from our postgraduate coursework application process.
Credit for Recognised Learning
Depending on your previous study and the course you want to apply for, you may qualify for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL). Curtin grants credits for units within your course that you may have previously completed through study or work experience. If you are eligible for CRL, you may receive exemptions from doing part of the course. You will need to lodge your completed credit transfer application, along with the necessary documentation, at the time of applying to Curtin.
Vocational courses and credit arrangements
We have agreements with some vocational institutions to offer specific credit for some courses. You may be entitled to credit toward the completion of a related Curtin course.
You are considered a course switcher if you:
- are a student currently enrolled past the census date at Curtin, seeking to change into another course; or
- are a past Curtin student who has previously been awarded a grade or mark or have withdrawn unit(s) after census date; or
- are a student completing or who has previously completed your studies with Curtin College – formerly Curtin International College (CIC); or
- are a student who has previously been awarded a grade or a mark or has withdrawn unit(s) after the census date from the Enabling Course in Science, Engineering and Health and is now seeking admission into an undergraduate degree course; or
- are a student who has previously been awarded a grade or a mark or has withdrawn unit(s) after the census date from the UniReady Enabling program and is now seeking admission to an undergraduate degree; or
- are or have been enrolled in Not For Degree Study (formerly known as Curtin Extension) and are now seeking admission to an undergraduate degree course; or
- are a student who has completed previous studies at Curtin College of Higher Education or VTEC; or
- are a student who is seeking enrolment into Cross-Institutional units; or
- are or have been enrolled in Curtin Commonwealth supported places (CSP) course via Open Universities Australia (formerly Open Learning Australia), and are now seeking admission into an undergraduate degree course; or
- are or have been enrolled in the Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course (ITEC) or Aboriginal Bridging Course and are now seeking admission into an undergraduate degree course.