Curtin’s research degrees can add new or specialist skills and knowledge to your repertoire. Our powerful collaboration with academic, industry, government and community groups will aid your preparation for a career in research and academia.
Career development support
The Careers & Employment Centre offers the delivery of career development support delivered through optional workshops specifically tailored to your needs and one-to-one career counselling appointments. This support assists our postgraduate research students with:
- Job search strategies
- Career decision making
- Effective job applications
- Interview techniques
Facilities and resources
Curtin postgraduate research students are aided in their career development through enhanced learning environments, widespread access to technology and research spaces.
Our research-specific facilities include:
- Curtin Resources and Chemistry Precinct,
- Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute (CHIRI),
- Hub for Immersive Visualisation and eResearch (HIVE),
- Trace Research Advanced Clean Environment (TRACE) Facility,
- Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy,
- Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre.
iPREP WA is an initiative supporting research collaboration between Curtin University and the industries of Western Australia.
The program encompasses a six week project, with interdisciplinary teams of PhD students from all of WA’s universities working with an industry partner during their theses examination period.