How to get in & requirements

Congratulations on making the decision to enter Curtin University and study an undergraduate degree. There are a number of ways you can enrol, depending on your circumstances.

School leavers

School leavers are considered for a Bachelor degree if your ATAR result meets the Curtin entry requirements, the annual cut-off score and have undertaken the prerequisite study units that may be required for your chosen course. An equivalent result will be used to assess interstate students and International Baccalaureate students.

International students

International students will be assessed with results equivalent to the ATAR. Alternatively, if you have been accepted to another international university, you may be eligible to study at Curtin through the student exchange program.

Non-school leavers

Also known as mature age, there are several options for satisfying entry requirements if you have not received an ATAR result. Your STAT and WACE can be assessed to determine your eligibility.

Alternative entry

Curtin offers alternative ways to enrol, that may suit you if you don’t meet the school leaver requirements. These include the StepUp to Curtin scheme, portfolio entry, bridging courses, Curtin College and TAFE qualifications.

Special consideration can be granted if your ability to study or sit exams has been affected by circumstances beyond your control.

Apply for enrolment

Select your course and complete your application form online and you could be studying at Curtin by the start of the new semester!

Have any questions about courses, entry requirements, alternative pathways or anything else Curtin related? We can answer it.