Deferring your studies

A gap year is a year off that you can take between finishing high school and starting uni. Otherwise known as deferring your studies, it can be a good alternative to starting uni if you’re feeling exhausted after completing high school or you’re just not sure what you want to do. Perhaps you want to travel, earn some money by working full-time or get some work experience in your field of interest.

There’s a lot to weigh up when deciding whether to take a gap year, so you may find it helpful to talk to your school career advisor.

Have questions about courses, entry requirements, alternative pathways or anything else Curtin related? We can answer it.