Keep in mind there may be some incidental costs specific to your course. For example, if your study involves using a laboratory, you may need a lab coat, safety glasses and gumboots. Or, if you take a jewellery design unit, you will need to pay for some of the materials you use. These are called incidental fees.

Your tuition fees do not cover the cost of some additional items required for studying a particular unit or course, such as:

  • Textbooks
  • Incidental fees for items such as laboratory coats or art supplies
  • First aid courses
  • Police clearance or Working with Children Check
  • Field trips

You may also incur day-to-day expenses while attending university, and will need to plan your budget around your personal circumstances.

For more information on the incidental fees for specific courses, contact the relevant head of school or course coordinator in your intended area of study.

Have any questions about courses, admission criteria, bridging and enabling courses or anything else Curtin related? We can answer it.