Curtin’s research degrees can add new or specialist skills and knowledge to your repertoire. Our collaborations with academic, industry, government and community groups will aid your preparation for a career in research and academia.
Career development support
The Careers & Employment Centre offers career development support delivered through optional workshops and one-to-one career counselling appointments. This support assists our higher degree by research students with:
- Job search strategies
- Career decision making
- Effective job applications
- Interview techniques
Facilities and resources
Curtin higher degree by research students are aided in their career development through enhanced learning environments, widespread access to technology and research spaces.
Our research-specific facilities include:
- Curtin Resources and Chemistry Precinct
- Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute (CHIRI)
- Hub for Immersive Visualisation and eResearch (HIVE)
- Trace Research Advanced Clean Environment (TRACE) Facility
- Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy
- Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre
iPREP WA is an initiative supporting research collaboration between Curtin University and the industries of Western Australia.
The program encompasses a six week project, with interdisciplinary teams of PhD students from all of WA’s universities working with an industry partner during their theses examination period.
For more information, contact the Graduate Research School.